It’s that time of the year. The dust has started to settle on 2017 and people are reflecting on their year, what they have achieved & the ups and down that come with.
2017 has been a crazy year for me. If you’ve been following along my journey you probably know what I’ve been up to. In case you haven’t, this year I launched Australia’s first sneaker brand (Athletikan), continued scaling Uncle Jack, launched Uncle Jack’s active watch brand (AKTIK) & have been developing my personal profile.
Now is the best time to not only reflect on the year that’s been but also start planning for the next 12 months. I’m absolutely a believer in goal-setting, because otherwise we are just working aimlessly towards nothing in particular. I’m sharing my 2018 goals publicly to hold myself accountable. This time next year, I’ll post again publicly on whether I’ve achieved my goals and why/not.
(See my 2017 year in review here.)
I’ve broken my goals down into categories. A set of goals for each business, a set for my personal business ambitions & also personal goals. This combination gives me a really well-rounded approach to the year and certainly doesn’t neglect what I want to do outside of work.
So, here they are…
- Officially launch in the US
- Be stocked in 100 stores in Aus/NZ
- Increase revenue by 30%
- Grow our email database to 120,000
- Launch minimum 2 x high-profile collaboration designs
- Sell 5,000 pairs of Athletikan sneakers
- Successfully launch a brand new range
- Launch 2 x high-profile collaboration designs
- Grow the email database to 40,000
- Sell 2,000 active watches online
- Sign a distributor to take AKTIK into retail stores
- High-profile collaboration range
- Launch my third business in the fashion/accessories space
- Launch The Seven Collective (more to come on this)
- Grow Melbournepreneur’s email database to 5,000
- Run a marathon
- Travel overseas 3 times (at least 1 for an actual holiday)
- Learn to play golf
- Read 8 books – added July 13th 2018